Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Boys


Isn't this picture sweet. I love it. Of course Caleb, the boy who loves to be loved, had me take this picture of him with his brothers. For the most part our boys seem to be adjusting to life in a new country. They definetly have their moments when they miss something from "home". Caleb misses people more than things. Last week I found him sitting on the couch looking a little sad. I asked him if he was alright and he just started to cry, "I miss my grandmas and and grandpa". Today he was a little upset about missing his friends. I'm not too worried about him though. He is a relationship driven person and he spends a lot of time playing outside with his new national friends. I think the conversation I had with Josiah today helps to explain how we feel sometimes. "These are the people I love today - Mommy, Daddy, Caleb and Lucas. I do not love the "national" people. I do not like their words, I like English words." Then as soon as the words leave his lips a car drives by us and he yells "Hello", not using the English word but their word! We all have moments when we miss the ability to communicate freely with people. The older boys will start going to a national school soon and that will help them with the language. Though I am a little nervous about it I know that this is the best way for them to learn the language. The school program will not be academically driven, but will involve a lot of crafts and play. I hope that it is not too strenuous because we will have to do our homeschooling in the afternoons. If you know our boys you know that they LOVE to talk so I think this will be a great help to them feeling more at home here.

3 comments:

joelnjen said...

That picture is just precious! Thanks for the updates and CONGRATS to you guys on your pregnancy. We're really excited for you. Glad to hear that you are feeling good. Know that we are standing with you... Much love, jen and joel

Dana said...

I want to hug them, too!

MW said...

The pictures are so great. It was good reading up on you and the family. You guys are always in my thoughts and prayers