Saturday, March 22, 2008

Micah's Arrival




Micah Silas was born at 9:27 on Thursday March 20th. He weighed in at 7lbs 4oz and was about 19 inches long. He arrived after 3 1/2 hours of labor and is doing well. While we were in the hospital the boys stayed with friends and met their brother the next day. Lucas was the first to see Micah. He noticed that there was someone new on the couch when he came home and he was pretty interested. There have been a few times when he wasn't as gentle as we would like him to be, but otherwise he has been really sweet. He wants to hold Micah and enjoys giving him kisses. He also likes to tell us when Micah is awake, asleep, or crying. Josiah was somewhat excited to see Micah but was more excited about being able to have sleepovers. He has asked to hold him a couple of times, but in general he is going about like nothing has changed. I wish that you had been here to see Caleb meet Micah for the first time. When we left for the hospital Caleb was very excited that Micah was coming. According to his teacher he has often mentioned how much longer it was until Micah arrived. I knew that he would be happy to finally meet him. When Caleb came home he very cautiously walked over to Micah and I. I could already see the tears welling up in his eyes (which meant mine we soon to follow!) He asked to hold him and as I put him in his arms Caleb said "I can't believe he is here, I have been waiting so long" and then he began to weep. He was just overwhelmed and it took him a few minutes to settle down. Could you ask for a sweeter reaction?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Praise the Lord! You definitely made it to the hospital in time! I pray that you are recovering quickly and that God will multiply your rest so that you can have the energy you need for all that you need to do. We can't wait to meet Micah. We love you guys!

joelnjen said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!!! He is just adorable. I couldn't be more happy for you guys! And I love the name Micah... That's what we were going to name this little one had it been a boy. What a great name! Love you so much friends! Hope you are adjusting well to FOUR! Who would have known in 1997 when we all spent the summer together that you would have 4 boys 10 years later! :) Love you! jen

Chris and Kim said...

Congratulations! He is precious! We are so glad things went well- we have been thinking of you!

bruinballer said...

Laura,

Congratulations...he is very cute. I cannot believe you have four boys now. You have your hands full but I know you are up to the task. A job I am sure you accomplish with love.

Your mom is bringing a hug from me...make sure she gives it to you.