Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day



I have a tradition with every holiday and Mother's Day means that I take a picture with the boys. Trying to get four boys to sit still, look in the same direction, and smile can be a challenge. I think we did alright this year. As far as my Mother's Day memory this year - I think that I have two. First, as I was getting ready for church Sunday morning Caleb says "you don't look like a mom today". If you're a mom with young kids I hope that you are able to guess the "why". Apparently I do not look like a mom if my hair is not in a ponytail. I am grateful for a very observant son! Later I was trying to explain to Josiah that not all grown up men are Daddy's. I told him that grown up people are called adults. Daddy is an adult and so am I. Josiah shakes his head and says "No, you're not an adult you're just a mommy." I can live with that.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Where did those four kids come from? I've been wondering about the two hanging around here, myself.
I laughed when I read Ted's email that he would mostly be taking the week off. Only a 40 hour week then? :)
Love you guys.