Thursday, May 14, 2009

Right Thinking


Last week I was in charge of bringing lunch for Josiah's class. I was given the olive, tomato, cucumber, cheese, and fruit lunch. As I looked at the list and even as I was preparing the food I thought to myself "Why is bread not on the list?" It is said here that a meal is not a meal without bread. Well, half way through the food service Josiah's sweet teacher says "Is there bread?". It wasn't on the list I said but I would run and pick some up. "Do you have your own money?" she asks. "Yes I have my own money. I will be right back." Thankfully bread is never far away and I was back in a few minutes. I was mad at myself for not following my gut. Okay it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that they eat bread with every meal, but I was glad that I thought, as they would, that something was missing. Now if I could only add spices to a meal without my measuring spoons!

No comments: